Re: Only one Account for all users - How bad it is ?

From: Brad Bruce <BradBruc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

milapier_at_ge.hydro.qc.ca (Michel Lapierre) wrote:

>We are developping an application and we are forced to use only one
>account for all the users. We could have more than 100+ users.

>How many users can connect with the same account at the same time ?

>Can too many users cause some problem with the system ?

>Please e-mail your suggestion to milapier_at_ge.hydro.qc.ca

The problem you will run into is that you could run out of processes. The number of processes performed by Oracle is limited for each user. In order to have a large number of people using the system at once you will need to set roles for people and create multiple users on the system.

Brad Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message