Re: Copying Username & Passwords from one instance to another?

From: Mark Bluemel <markb_at_pyramid.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

: you_at_somehost.somedomain (Your Name) wrote:

: >Is there a way to copy a username and password from one instance to
: >another and retain the same password? I need to migrate users from an old
: >instance to a new one and I would like all users to retain their old
: >passwords. Thanks in advance.

And Jim (Kyung-Jin) Yoo (JIM.YOO_at_CRHA-HEALTH.AB.CA) wrote: : Try exporting and importing tablename USER$ in the sys schema..

Alternatively, you can set a user's password using the encrypted value, read from USER$. I haven't got the details to hand, but there is an option to the IDENTIFIED BY clause, something like "LITERAL" - examine the SQL.BSQ file which sets up the initial database users, as I think it does this.

--
Mark Bluemel	Unix/Oracle Trainer and Consultant
		My opinions are my own, but I'll share them