Re: forms3 connect to multiple instances

From: Peter van der Kooi <Kooi_at_PTT-Telecom.nl>
Date: 1996/02/27

Alfredo Raul Pe#a wrote:

> Hi, I have a Forms 3 application running on Oracle Parallel Server for
> IBM SP2 and due to load balancing purposes, I need to connect to
> different instances from a menu system developed in Forms.
> I asked
> Oracle Technical Support people and they said me that it's impossible to
> issue a CONNECT from Forms. Does somebody know a mechanism that solves
> my problem? Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Try this:
after selecting the instance from the menu, alter the ORACLE_SID or the TWO_TASK
and then with a host command startup up a new sqlform30 program with the desired
application.

So:

	Forms
		menu choice
		set ORACLE_SID
		host
			forms

Peter Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message