Re: Dev2000/Forms - Navigation between fields in different blocks

From: Ian Wilkins <ianw_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk>
Date: 1996/02/27

In article <31324AC0.75D6_at_mail.patlq.mcgill.ca>, Chris David <chris_at_mail.patlq.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>Hello. I'm new to Oracle/Dev2000 so you might find this question to be a
>real easy one! My question concerns Dev2000 forms and is as follows:
>
>I've have 2 blocks, let's called them block BA and BB. Blocks BA and BB
>are related via a field found in each of the 2 blocks. I have a canvas,
>let's call it CA which contains all of the fields in block BA and one of
>the fields in block BB. The problem is whenever I enter a record I can
>never seem to navigate into the field in BB with the keyboard (tab) -- I
>can only do so with the mouse. I basically understand why this is
>happening, but I'm not sure how to make it work like I want. I'd like it
>to, at one point, go from a field on block BA to a field on block BB and
>then back to a field on block BA. Thanks in advance.

Well, of course, it depends....

You could try changing the navigational style property at the block level. By changing it to change block for BA and BB, and putting BB for previous and next block for BA, and vice versa. This might be what you want.

Or, NEXT_KEY(?) triggers on the appropriate fields?

Ian. Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message