Re: Does anyone think this group needs splitting into subgroups?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960226091324.2163B-100000_at_seatimes> Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com> writes:
>On 23 Feb 1996, Richard Frazier wrote:
>> I disagree, it is much easier to scan through one group of headings for
>> items to read than through multiple groups. I have seen too many groups
>> where cross postings occur and you end up reading the same articles many
>> times. My vote is to leave things as they are!
>
>I'd rather educate the poor misguided folks that cross post than continue
>to weed through stuff I'm not interested in. I'm now killing over 50% of
>the messages in this group based solely on subject heading.

My observation is, people refuse to be educated about crossposting. See comp.sys.net-abuse, news.admin.censorship for the absurdist conclusion to this argument.

>Ye job posters, take note: You want me, call me on the phone. Don't
>post a message in the group -- I delete em faster than any other message.
>
>I want the DBA stuff. Forget about FORMS, REPORT, PRO*C. My company
>doesn't use them.
>
>I vote for a split and then educate those that abuse the system.

I vote for a moderated comp.databases.oracle.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>