Re: SGA Help......

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_megatoon.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

vgoel_at_pts.mot.com (Vikram Goel) wrote:

>Try the following in sequence, after each commit;

>'alter system flush shared_pool;'
>'alter system checkpoint;'
>'alter system switch logfiles;' -- not needed if a test db.

I don't think the other users will be happy if the shared pool is flushed 125 times (2000/16) over a short period !

Flushing the pool should only be done as a last ressort situation. Flushing it just for fun will greatly reduce the performance of your DB, unless you don't care....

The checkpoint and swith logfiles also will make the performance suffer.... Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message