Re: GPF in Developer/2000

From: Brad Bruce <BradBruc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg (Eddy Setiawan) wrote:

>Hi,

>We are using Developer/2000 in the office, but it gives us lots of GPF,
>especially when we choose Run command from File menu. Is there a special
>configuration, or trick, that we can do to eliminate or minimise the
>problem. The configuration is Pentium 90, 24 MB RAM, 850 MB Disk. Running
>MS-DOS 6.2x, Windows 3.1 (both with/without Win32S have the same problem).

>Thanks in advance.

>--
>Eddy Setiawan, (http://www.singnet.com.sg/~setiawan)
>email: setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg, setiawan_at_pobox.org.sg
The best answer is UPGRADE!!!!

When I confronted an Oracle Rep. about the GPFs I was getting he said that an upgrade to at least Windows For Workgroups would eliminate most of the errors. Since then I have tried on WFWG, NT, and W95. The best results have been with W95. (Not perfect, Just the best).

Brad Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message