Re: Oracle on Netware 3.x Performance

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1996/02/27

Just to amplify a bit more...

We have also had good experiences with Oracle running on Netware. The single most important criteria seems to be physical RAM in the machine. We are running comfortably with 20 users on a Netware 3.12 server with 64 Megabytes of RAM. I would suggest double that amount if these same 20 people really started to pound the system with decision support queries. Most transactions are data entry and moderate reporting.

---
Rich Holowczak         E-Mail: holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University     http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~holowcza/