Re: oraperl wont compile

From: Kevin Woolley <kjw1_at_stirling.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/02/26

bernhard_at_cedar.univie.ac.at (Bernhard Lorenz) wrote:
>hi there. im trying to compile oraperl-v2.4 on my alpha, running
>digital unix 3.2. however, when i compile i get the following error
>messages:
>ld:
>Unresolved:
>init_oracle
>debug
>lcnulserc
>sslcsig
>lcmlcomp
>lcslcomp
>ldxini
>sldxgd
>
>and so on. symbols that are in the included libraries. strangely,
>all the required libraries are in place, in the proper directory. i am
>able to minimize the unresolved symbols problem by using
>-L/absolute/path/to/library.a instead of $(blabla), nevertheless some errors
>remain (again, all libraries are in place).
>
>any ideas and help would be really appreciated...
>
>regards,
>
>+bl.
>

>--
>Bernhard Lorenz Technical Contact Fingwe_at_IRC
>Central European Environmental Data Request Facility - CEDAR
>Phone: +43-1-715-58-79 Fax: +43-1-715-28-29

Just done this with exactly the same problem. Cracked it by explicitly linking in all the libraries required -lcore -lnlsrtl -lnetv2 -lcv3v6 -lnetwork and -lcrt, repeated so as to hack out the dependencies (ugly but effective).

The tricky one is debug.o

* Kevin Woolley *       WoolleySoft.  Producers of         *
*               *   Landscape Explorer & Visual Explorer   *
*               *  3D Landscape, Satellite image and Map   *
*               *          Visualization software          *
*  Author-Member: Association of Shareware Professionals   *
* email: 100332.2104_at_compuserve.com or kjw1_at_stirling.ac.uk *
* www:   http://www.stir.ac.uk/~kjw1r/home.html            *