Improving LONG RAW retrieval performance.

From: lincoln <lincoln_at_basic.net>
Date: 1996/02/26

I am experiencing some performance problems when retrieving LONG RAW fields from an un-tuned 7.0 database running on NT 3.51. I have stored a 250K TIF file in a LONG RAW field. It takes much longer, 10 seconds, to retrieve the column from the database than it does to copy the file from the server, < 1 second.

What configuration parameters should I consider changing in order to improve storage and retrieval of BLOB fields?

Thanks,
Chris Lincoln Received on Mon Feb 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message