Re: 'HORABLE' BOOK IS A CROCK OF SHIT was: Oracle Book doesn't Print properly

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/02/26

Tony Jambu 041 985 2628 wrote:

> ORACLE BOOK IS A CROCK OF SHIT.
>
> Oracle Guys/Gals working on this product, don't tell anyone that you have
> worked on Horrible Book will you? I would be too embaressed.
>
> I could go on and on and on about this string of binary character file
> someone is brave enough to call an Oracle 'program' but I won't.
> SHAME SHAME SHAME.
>
> For heaven's sake use PDF files and distribute Adobe's Acrobat.

Thank God someone said it at last. Oracle Book is unusable. I hang onto out of date paper manuals. I spend hours hunting round the help files in Developer 2000. I will do anything to avoid Oracle Book.

Quite apart from the fact that it is full of bugs, it is SLOW.

I do hope someone from Oracle reads this. Distributing the documentation in an unusable form does Oracle's reputation not good.

I wonder what Oracle*Video will be like :-) Received on Mon Feb 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message