Re: Designer 2000 question

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1996/02/26

jcd_at_rhh.dk (jcd) wrote:

>Damn - I'm getting old and careless here - I forgot the most important thing:
>
>It's true that Designer/2000 could display a database field as a GUI item
>*if* the field belonged to at domain with a fixed number of values (or if there
>was a fixed number of allowable values for the field).
>
>However in the case I was referring to this was not the case (we did not want
>to limit the allowable values at compile-time but only at run-time, since we
>are dealing with a fairly dynamic system).

There is another solution to avoid hard coded values in GUI items like pop lists and combo boxes.
There is in column definition screen or in RON a check-box named Soft-Lov. If you check it for a column with a domain with allowable values, the generator will generate a record group ( based on table CG_REF_CODES ) which dynamically populates the GUI item.

hope this helps
Jacek Received on Mon Feb 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message