Re: Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 Conversion FAQ?

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/02/25

rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk (Robert Jones) wrote:

>We have just started a large Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 conversion project
>and was wondering about what issues other people have found? We
>certainly are building up quite a list of issues and questions about
>Forms 4.5 and the conversion process.

>Anyone want to start a FAQ or paper on this subject or feel like
>contributing towards one?

>Robert Jones
>Kalamazoo ANSWER Limited - Oracle BAP Member
>ANSWER Open Systems Applications
>Robert Jones email: rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk
>SagaNet - Unofficial Saga Web Site
>http://www.ftech.co.uk/~dryland/sagahome.html

As one who has been involved in a similar project, I would say what you are asking for would look like a phone book. A few topic areas:

GUI Standards Implementation (A Must!)
Application restructuring for multi-window management Mouse movement management
Mouse sub-topic: conversion of field-level triggers Toolbar implementation
Visual attributes conversions
Window management
Clean up of code no longer needed (A big topic) Help implementation
Alert boxes
GUI data presentations; list boxes, check boxes, radio buttons. ...

This list could take all night. Received on Sun Feb 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message