Re: Create FLAT file from Oracle table

From: Torsten Manz <Torsten.Manz_at_darmstadt.netsurf.de>
Date: 1996/02/25

Carl Merrit <l326048_at_raven.cid.kodak.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to creat a FLAT file from an Oracle table without using
>SPOOL filename and dbms_output.putline? We don't can't to use pro C
>either.
>Is there anything like opening a file and writing to it using PL/SQL?
>HELP!!! Thanks.

That's what I know:

Currently spooling is the only way to do so. I build up an automated file transfer this way using several shell-scripts.

BUT:
PL/SQL Version 2.3 will have a build-in package allowing reading/writing files. PL/SQL 2.3 will come with Oracle Server 7.3 which is in beta test now.

Torsten Received on Sun Feb 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message