Re: Q: SQL*Net dial-up frommobile laptop

From: Hank Eskin <hank_at_legacytech.com>
Date: 1996/02/24

Look into LanExpress from Microcom...

I use it constantly to connect to Oracle vie SQL*Net. It is both hardware and software... A modem bank and server and client software. It basically connects the client to the LAN, and allows IPX and IP connectivity. The client just thinks it is on the local lan, but in reality is connected via modem. It works really well - sometimes I have been connected to oracle for 8 hours at a time without losing a connection. Winsock compliance depends on the IP stack you already have installed.

If you have any questions, email me at hank_at_legacytech.com

  • Hank Eskin

In article <4gdtc7$cb_at_news-e1a.megaweb.com>, TBravo_at_gnn.com says...