Re: How to drop column in a table

From: Mark Styles <marks_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk>
Date: 1996/02/23

<XTOWN> wrote:
>lovedog_at_gwis2.circ.gwu.edu wrote:
>>
>>...Now I want to drop three columns. I look thru all the >book.
>>It seems they dont' have a way to do that. If you have way to do
>>that, please give me a answer, otherwise, I have to drop whole table
>>and recreate it again...
>>
>I hate to tell you this but there's no easy way to do it other
>than re-creating the table.

The other way to do this, which requires some extra free space, is to create the new table as a different name, then selecting the required data into the new table from the old table, dropping the old table and renaming the new table.

--
** Mark Styles aka Small       -- Opinions expressed here are my own --   **
** marks_at_teleord.co.uk         -- unless otherwise specified         --   **