Oracle LITE

From: Pradeep Sankaranthi <sanka_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/23

In <ndk01.2.002DF853_at_interaccess.com> ndk01_at_interaccess.com (Naresh Koka) writes:

>Is it true that Oracle's new product called Oracle LITE, an Object
 Oriented
>Database, was developed by a Santa Clara based software company? I
 find a lot
>of similarities between the two.
>
>If anybody knows any details about LITE please send me an email.
>
>ndk01_at_schaus.com
>
>Thank you
>Naresh Koka

Yes, Personal Oracle Lite is based on Omniscience ORDBMS 2.0,which is developed by a Santa Clara company - Omniscience Object Technology, Inc.
Omniscience has been working with Oracle for 3 years and is financially funded by Oracle. Omniscience began shipping Omniscience ORDBMS 2.0 in May of 1995. Currently Omniscience has over 350 corporations developing applications world-wide with the Omniscience ORDBMS.

The main features of Omniscience ORDBMS is the following:

  1. Lightweight: Omniscience has the smallest footprint in the industry ( (~600KB)
  2. Performance:
  3. Conformance to standards: SQL-92, ODBC 2.0, ODMG-93 1.1

Omniscience ORDBMS is built on top of an efficient but compact Object Kernel that supports application programs written in SQL as well as object-oriented programming languages. From an architectural view point, Omniscience ORDBMS is actually an advanced ODBMS with built-in native support for SQL. An application developer can choose to write an application in either SQL or object-oriented programming language, such as C++.

Omniscience is currently available for Windows 3.1x, Windows 95, Windows NT,Macintosh, and Unix. Omniscience supports both C and C++ language.

       Omniscience Object Technology, Inc.
       3080 Olcott Street, Suite 100C
       Santa Clara, CA 95054
       (415)562-0750