Re: Importing a compressed table doesn't go to smallest suitable free space

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1996/02/23

What you do is to create the table before running your import. You define what the table space parameters are, then run the import. "Compress" in dealing with IMP/EXP means to put into one extent, not compress as in reduce in size. If you want to reduce it, you create the table specifying a smaller initial extent.

In article <4g8d1o$6b1_at_madison.tdsnet.com>, Ken Friday <ken.friday_at_teldta.com> says: