Pro*C Cursor names and scope (was Re: OCI vs. Pro*C)

From: Greg Pasquariello <gpasq_at_dbintellect.com>
Date: 1996/02/22

Scott Urman wrote:

> In article <513768446wnr_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk>, Clint Redwood <clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk> writes:
> |> It also depends on what language you want... C or C++.
> |>
> |> Pro*C cannot handle c++ code... so you have to build all your oracle interaction
> ^^^
> This used to be true, but starting with Pro*C 2.1 (Oracle 7.2) we officially
> support embedding SQL in C++ code.

Can anyone tell me if cursor names can be used outside of the scope of the file in 2.1? In the version I have, cursor names can only be used within the "precompilation unit", which prevents me from writing an interpreter in C++ that implements an Execute followed by a Fetch in the interpreted language.

Thanks for any information. If you can, please email a response as I don't have the bandwidth to check this newsgroup all the time.

-Greg

--
Greg Pasquariello
Chief Architect, dbINTELLECT Technologies

This is precisely the kind of thing no one ever believes!