Re: Blocking/Non-blocking?

From: Gary P. Nissen <gpnissen_at_erinet.com>
Date: 1996/02/21

In article <4g692b$1mju_at_stealth.mindspring.com>, slob_at_mindspring.com says...

>A really annoying thing about ODBC/Oracle is the fact that during a
>query, the PC locks up (that is, I beleive that the Windows message
>loop is frozen). I'm doing real-time stuff and this is a problem. Q:
>Does the 32-bit driver solve this (and, like, does it exist?) Or,
>would "oracle glue" or something like that help? (is the problem with
>ODBC itself?) Does this behave the same way on WinNT?

This drives my users nuts also. My understanding is that the problem is SQL*Net at some version past 2. I've also been told that it is non-blocking at SQL*Net 2.2.

BTW, in NT only the specific program that is accessing Oracle is frozen. The rest of the system is fine. Received on Wed Feb 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message