Re: Delphi vs Developper 2000 1.2

From: Dave Heissner <dheissner_at_thomtech.com>
Date: 1996/02/21

>jeff brown <jabrown_at_cris.com> wrote:
>I have also heard of two benefits of Delphi (at least in the
>Client/Server edition:
>
>1 - Real-time source data connections during development
> (ie see your data in development phase)
>
>2 - NATIVE Oracle driver (no ODBC, no SQLNet)
>
>Has anyone used these features? Any comments?

What's up with the 'no SQL*Net' comment. I have seen people quote this before but how can it be? Any remote c/s conneciton in a 2 tiered approach, regardless of what tool you're using (Powerbuilder, C++, Delphi, VB, Dev2000..) will need SQL*Net running on the client. Unless you want to build one of those character based forms apps aka telneting... SQL*Net lives.

Dave H. - dheissner_at_thomtech.com Received on Wed Feb 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message