Re: Local and Remote queries

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/02/20

??,

You are correct that the remote table data is pulled into the local db to then do the where condition in the join. This could be an issue if the amount of data is large, however a simple workaround is:

Create a view on the remote db, which selects from the remote table, based upon the subset of data you need, then use the view to join in your query, this still returns the data accross the network, however the volume could be less.
Another method is to create a simple snapshot of the remote table in the local database.

Hope this helps,

Vikram.

--
Vikram Goel                                 Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,