Re: dbms_output package

From: Wilfred van der Deijl <W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1996/02/20

Sudarshan N Murty <smurty_at_fpk.novell.com> wrote:

>Oracle gurus,

Well if you want to call me that, go ahead :-)

> In PL/SQL when I use dbms_output.put_line() to debug stored
>procedures, the line #/col # never seems to match up with the line
>numbers in the text. I tried filtering out all the blank lines in the
>source file with no success. What am I missing here ?
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

i guess the best thing is to query the USER_SOURCE (or ALL_SOURCE) view and get the line-number from this view. I think (but do not know for sure) that this is the exact line number that Oracle reports.

Bye,
Wilfred
The Netherlands

E-mail : W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net Homepage: http://www.inter.nl.net/users/W.van.der.Deijl

          (including the MicroProse Grand Prix II FAQ!) Received on Tue Feb 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message