Re: Developer 1.2 Shared agent bug.

From: Wilfred van der Deijl <W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1996/02/20

Roberto Santomartino <ROBERTO_A._SANTOMARTINO_at_SMTPGATE.DIS.MIL> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a solution to the stack overflow problem caused by
>shared agent.

>Thanks in advance,

>Rob...

I ran into the same bug. I reported it to Oracle Technical Support. After a few days I looked in the customer support system and I saw that a user in Switzerland ran into the same problem. It is now an official bug and it has the status "Assigned to Development". I (nor Oracle Technical Support) have any idea how long it will take for a bug fix.

There is a quite complex work-around (you have to delete a few files before running ShAgt each time). This is a work-around that the user in Switzerland came up with. I thought it was so complex that I didn't try it. We just went back to stand-alone installation. If you really want the work-around just mail me as I can get it from the support system under our own user-id (it's "our" bug).

Bye,
Wilfred
The Netherlands

E-mail : W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net Homepage: http://www.inter.nl.net/users/W.van.der.Deijl

          (including the MicroProse Grand Prix II FAQ!) Received on Tue Feb 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message