Re: linking with ProC

From: Almut Herzog <al-her_at_sectra.se>
Date: 1996/02/19

In article <3124D7A2.4801_at_sna.co.umist.ac.uk>, Vangelis Pappas-Katsiafas <vangpk_at_sna.co.umist.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are trying to link our ProC object files.
> We use the option -lora, thus only the libora.a lib is linked, but it
> seems that another lib is needed because the symbol "sqlcex" can't
> be found in the libora.a. Does anybody know what library should we link
> for this?
> hint: The problem is in a CONNECT SQL statement.

Check out the sample makefile ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo/proc.mk. You will notice that you must link with a variety of libs (and that you will get enormous executable files: approx. 1.6MB).

Try linking with "-lclntsh -lm". Those are shared libraries. Your executable will have a file size of 70K. But remember to have clnstsh.sl available at your installation site not only your developer site (and you need a dld.sl version of >1.132).

All this for HP-UX.

--
Almut Herzog                          email:al-her_at_sectra.se
SECTRA - Secure Transmission AB       voice: +46 13 235221