REQ: How fast can Oracle recovery Redo Logs on AIX?

From: B. M. Brooks <legion_at_minn.net>
Date: 1996/02/19

Hello,

      Here is an interesting non-exact question...

      The Management where I am currently working would like a estimate on how long it will take to recover a failed database, i.e. how fast can Oracle apply the redo logs? Since we are a few months from having the machines setup, and the data and redos to recover I thought the kind souls out on the internet may provide some experience.

      I know that your performance numbers will have little relation to what my numbers will be in the future (unless you happen to be running Oracle Parallel Server, on my type of hardware, on my type of software, for a 300+gb database).
But with the information I can make some estimates for the Management.

      If are running AIX, and have done a recovery recently could you please respond with information whatever of the following statistics you have:

             Type of Machine:
             Version of AIX:
             Type of Disks:
             Version of Oracle:
             Total Size of Redo Logs:
             Total Size of Database:
             Time taken to apply Redos:

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks.

  Bradley Brooks

  Denning Consulting Received on Mon Feb 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message