Re: HELP:FORMS4.5 ERROR 40106

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/02/19

In article <4g89u6$lcb_at_mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, "Wasfi G. Al-Khatib" <wasfi_at_ecn.purdue.edu> says:

>Hi,
> Is it possible that such error appears because of
>the deletion of some relations and/or renaming of
>some blocks? What I did is that after I renamed some
>blocks and canvas views, some errors started to appear.
 <snip>
>by their names. Does anybody have any idea what the reason
>might be?
 Also, I would appreciate if anyone would give me
>insights on the best way to debug applications in forms4.5.
>For example, what is a 'good' command that I can put
>between the lines to print 'stuff', [if such command
>exists]. Something that works as a printf which might
>make my life a little bit easier.
>Thanks alot.
>
>--Wasfi Al-Khatib

I haven't come across this particular error, but for your final question - use the debugger, man!! It can be bloody annoying at times, but I have always been able to et it show what I wanted to see - the one exception is where the debugger has not yet started, eg. you cant run debugger on the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger For quick and nasty debugging, use the MESSAGE built-in (in place of the printf you mentioned) run it with acknowledge, and maybe even follow it with a SYNCHRONIZE call, to ensure it appears at the right time.

HIH
Lee

     / / /\     |  Lee Levy, ISSD Systems Development, Del Code (34)
    / / /  \    |  BHP Information Technology,  ACN 006 476 213
   / / / /\ \   |  PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia
   \ \/ / / / | PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-     \ / / / | Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au
Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Mon Feb 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message