Re: Does anyone think this group needs splitting into subgroups?

From: Ed Maldonado <ed_at_ritz.mordor.com>
Date: 1996/02/19

In the spirit of makeing multiple Oracle groups... I would like to see an comp.databases.oracle.financials creted. I also agree that we need other groups for specific areas, maybe somthing like this; A) a group for administration issues (DBA issues, Installation, Database errors, an so on) B) a group for Tools and Development (Forms, Reports, Menu) C) and jobs should be posted in misc.jobs.whatever.oracle not comp.databases.###. D) a group for Oracle Financials Users.

Steve Cosner (stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU) wrote:
: In article <198025292wnr_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk> clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk writes:
: >How about following subgroups?
: >
: >forms, reports, dba, sql, jobs
:
: Sure, I'll bet most people think it would be a good idea. But the
: next problem: Who will volunteer to write the proposal and submit it
: for discussion, jumping through the various hoops?
:
: There should be an informal discussion period where the final proposal
: is put together, then the official RFD (request for discussion),
: followed by the CFV (call for votes).
:
: It takes a bit of somebody's time to do it, and I would volunteer if I
: weren't so pressed to produce results on my job. If anyone reading
: this is willing to try, then please... speak up!
:
: Steve Cosner
:
: