Re: WHEN-LEAVE-BLOCK trigger in Forms 4.5

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/02/18

Clint Redwood <clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk> wrote:

You could try WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE when entering a new block. If you have defined a GLOBAL when you entered the block, you could work out where you have come from. I use this trigger to clear a detail block when the use clicks in a block above it - you can use navigational triggers as I do:

on entry to block S01 - WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE

GO_BLOCK('S02');
CLEAR_BLOCK;
GO_BLOCK('S01');
>"What..." I hear you cry... "are you talking about?"

>Well... there isn't any such trigger in F4.5... and there ought to be...

>Basically I have an application which needs to calculate on exit of a detail
>block, changes to the master block. To do this... it needs to use first_record,
>next_record etc which are restricted built-ins... this precludes the Post-Block
>triggers etc...

>So my problem is... how do I detect that the user is about to leave a block,
>either by keyboard commands or by mouse, before the block has been left, and
>such that I can use restricted built-ins...

>Any ideas?

>--
>** **
>** Clint Redwood Email clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk **
>** **

Robert Jones email: rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk SagaNet - Unofficial Saga Web Site
http://www.ftech.co.uk/~dryland/sagahome.html Received on Sun Feb 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message