Which conference to go to?

From: Mike Shumko <mike_shumko_at_robelle.com>
Date: 1996/02/18

My company is new to the whole Oracle thing. In our experience with other platforms and databases, a big conference is the best way to get up to speed quickly. We'd like to attend a conference but it looks like there are two competing conferences. On the one hand, it seems that a user group sponsored conference would have the best interests of users in mind. On the other hand, a vendor sponsored event would have the best, most up-to-date info about the product. Tough decision. I have to decide soon which one to go to, and I really doubt that we'll be going to both.

I'd welcome any opinions one way or the other to help me decide. Which one will YOU be going to, and why?

--
Mike Shumko, Robelle Consulting, Vancouver BC Canada