Blocking/Non-blocking?

From: Steve Loboyko <slob_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/02/17

A really annoying thing about ODBC/Oracle is the fact that during a query, the PC locks up (that is, I beleive that the Windows message loop is frozen). I'm doing real-time stuff and this is a problem. Q: Does the 32-bit driver solve this (and, like, does it exist?) Or, would "oracle glue" or something like that help? (is the problem with ODBC itself?) Does this behave the same way on WinNT?

Also, (And this is not necessarily a problem or fault with Oracle or DB technology in general) has anyone noticed that during a later phase of DNS lookup the message loop freezes (win 3.1 ,3.11, win 95 do matter whose stack you use). Why? Received on Sat Feb 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message