Re: Maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Jukka Manner <jukka.manner_at_comptel.fi>
Date: 1996/02/16

In article <4fmdu6$e7f_at_dub-news-svc-5.compuserve.com>, 102570.3725_at_compuserve.com says...

> chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com (Chuck Hamilton) writes:

>> blah, blah, blah....
>>

>A host language program may be opening to many cursors, modify the
>program to use fewer cursors. Or, if auditing is enabled try setting the
>value of SESSIONS to 2.1*PROCESSES. Also, check the value of
>DDL_LOCKS, there needs to be one parse lock for each table referenced
>in all open cursors.
>
>Margie Nissen
>102570.37525_at_compuserve.com

In my investigations I found that this error occurs only if I open a form after doing certain database actions. For example:

  1. I'm doing a delete actions in a form A
  2. I open a form B from form A (I have a button for this)
  3. I do some DML in form B and close the form B, now returning to form A
  4. In form A I do some DML too and open form B again, and this occurs!

I checked all the code and I didn't have any non-closing cursors. Amazingly enough, if I do not open form B from form A, but from another form or menu, the error will not appear.

Having resently upgraded Developer 1.1 to 1.2 this error seems to be wiped off, or the 1.2 did some new setups to my personal oracle (my test platform).

Haven't tried to change the database settings, but will be doing so if my tests won't run.

Thank you Margie! Received on Fri Feb 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message