Re: Memory allocation Oracle/HP-UX 9.05

From: Michael Abbey <msabbey_at_magi.com>
Date: 1996/02/16

Consult a number of books on sizing the Oracle memory structures of which Tuning Oracle by Mike Corey, Dan Dechichio and myself, instructs readers on how much main memory to allocate for Oracle. My rule of thumb is somewhere around 60% of the total memory. The figure can vary, but something in this neighbourhood is a good place to start.

Michael