Re: REPOST: multiple forms in Forms4.5

From: Fernando Luna <fern_at_aa.net>
Date: 1996/02/16

>So if the user makes a change to the form and presses the Enter Query
>button, it will prompt the alert window "Do you want to save your
>changes? Yes No Cancel" as a result of the
>CLEAR_FORM(ASK_COMMIT) command.
>
>Should I use CLEAR_FORM(ASK_COMMIT) to accomplish this or should I
>manually code this by checking for changes to the form, bringing up
>my own alert window, etc?

Actually, during the Enter Query phase, forms clears the block already, so there's not a need for you to code this in your trigger. If you'll refer to your product documentation under the Processing Manual, it clearly illustrates what happens during the Enter Query process...

>I also will be using OPEN_FORM to bring up multiple forms. Will the
>CLEAR_FORM clause problems in this multiple forms scenario(I think it
>will, but this is all new to me)?

If you mean the CALL_FORM built-in, one of the things you have to keep in mind is that if you have pending changes in the calling form, the called form can only perform "posts" rather than "commits"... You can check in the called form whether or not the form was called from another form with the Get_Application_Property built-in... All this should be included in documentation as well...

Hope that helps... Received on Fri Feb 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message