Re: DBA Certification Examination !!

From: Cam White <info_at_revealnet.com>
Date: 1996/02/15

Ashish Trivedi <aashu_at_cris.com> wrote:
>Could anyone please email me the information regarding the DBA
>certification exams.
>
>1. Who is it taken by. How often.
>2. What kind of reading is available and required and all other necessary
>infomation towards it. etc etc.
>

>Thanks in advance. ! :)
>
>ashish..

The Oracle DBA Certification Exam was developed by a host of Oracle consultants, authors and experts in conjunction with the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The exam is administered at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Passing the exam isn't easy, and if you do - you provide clear proof that you "know what you are doing". The exam covers general DBA knowledge in the following major areas:

  Oracle Architecture and Options
  Security
  Data Administration
  Backup and Recovery
  Software Maintenance & Operation
  Resource Management
  Tuning and Troubleshooting

There are two products that I'm aware of to help you prepare for the exam:

  1. Reveal for Oracle:Administrator (http://www.revealnet.com) In addition to over 1,400 Oracle topics, Reveal has a built-in feature called DB*ACE: a complete study guide for the Oracle DBA Certification Exam - with covereage on every topic area in the exam. Call RevealNet at (800) 738-3254.
  2. dbaPREP gives you sample exams to help you prepare for the exam and help you identify you weak areas and your strong points. Call D.O.C. Software at (203) 790-1769.

I'm not aware of any books which are written specifically to help you pass the Oracle DBA Certification Exam.

Regards,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc. Received on Thu Feb 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message