Oracle on Dec UNIX versus Dec OpenVMS?

From: Tim Nickason <tnickasn_at_axionet.com>
Date: 1996/02/15

Greetings,

We are looking at buying Oracle for a data warehouse project and currently run Dec OpenVMS. However, some consultants are pushing Dec UNIX. Can anyone tell me if Oracle runs better on either one? Or in general, will we see better overall performance using unix? By the way, type the hardware is a Alpha 2100 5/250 with 2 cpu's. We have not commited to the hardware yet (although we will definitely go Dec becasue we already have other DEC boxes).

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Feb 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message