Re: Does anyone think this group needs splitting into subgroups?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1996/02/15

gnilges_at_qni.com (Gary Nilges) wrote:

>excellant idea, IMHO.

Haven't we just been through this?

The reason I want to keep the group together is that if you splinter it, people will cross-post to all the parts. This happenes all the time in com.os.linux.*, comp.os.ms-windows.nt.* and comp.unix.* Go take a look.

True, I sift through a lot of stuff in this group that does not interest me, but at least I only sift throught it once. If you split the group, you will have to go through it all several times.

Regardless of intentions at this time, later on new people to the group will just cross post to all the new groups.

As well as seeing all the "how can I delete a column" posts in each group, you will also get all the follow-ups in each group as well.

That's why I wasn't interested in issuing a CVF last time this was proposed, and wont this time either.

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, and like spending time and money downloading multiple copies of multiple cross-posts: Vote NO. Received on Thu Feb 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message