Re: Shared global area for an instance

From: David Kim <Kimba_at_HK.Super.NET>
Date: 1996/02/15

Vinod,

Try running these 2 sqlplus scripts.
They both selects information from v$sgastat.

sga1.sql

select * from v$sgastat
/

sga2.sql

compute sum of bytes on sga_type
break on sga_type skip 1
column sga_type heading 'SGA Portion'

select decode(name, 'fixed_sga','Fixed Size',

		        'db_block_buffers', 'Database Buffers',
                                   'log_buffer', 'Redo Buffers',
                                   'Variables Size') sga_type,
           name, bytes

from v$sgastat
order by decode(name, 'fixed_sga','Fixed Size',
		        'db_block_buffers', 'Database Buffers',
                                   'log_buffer', 'Redo Buffers',
                                   'Variables Size')
/