Re: Oracle on HPUX 10 (multi-processors anyone?)

From: William <whuang_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/02/14

William (mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net) wrote:

> Solvay Duphar B.V. wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm planning an upgrade to HPUX 10 and ORACLE 7. Are there any problems
> > that I can see forward to. ;-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bert Haverkort
>
> I am in the same boat.
>
> I've contacted Oracle and have been told that Oracle 7.x is
> not yet 'certified' for HP-UX 10.x. I've also heard that the beta
> release for HP-UX 10.x is not yet available either. . .

Now that I am at the office and have had some coffee. . . Oracle 7.1 (.4.1.10 and higher?) IS CERTIFIED to run against HP-UX 10.0. The 'not yet certified' part applies to HP-UX 10.x on multi-processor machines and for using Oracle's parallel options. . .

Sorry for any confusion!

> If you are migrating from an existing HP-UX 9.x Oracle 7.1 application
> (like me), I would suggest that you become familiar with the new HP-UX
> directory structure. HP has quite a bit of information available.
> Go to http://support.mayfield.hp.com/ and check out their electronic
> resources.
>
> I will be making the following migration in the next week:
>
> HP9000 G60 (1 CPU)
> 128 MB RAM
> HP-UX 9.0.4
> Oracle 7.1 (.4.0.16?)

^^^ I am actually using 7.1.6.2.0.

> HP9000 K200 (2 CPUs)
> 384 MB RAM
> HP-UX 10.01
> Oracle 7.2 (?)

^^^ I will install 7.2.2.3.0.

> I'll post any problems I run into. . .
>
> -William Huang / mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net

This is a prime example of what happens when you post messages from home (late at night without much sleep or thought). You get to the office and wonder what you were thinking the night before. . .

:-)

-William Huang / mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Feb 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message