Re: OPS$ Help

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/14

Fernando Nantes <nantes_at_amix.com.br> wrote:

>It is possible that you have an Oracle user called SFA and another called
>OPS$SFA. If the import was made for the SFA user you have to explicitly
>connect as SFA to see the tables.

>The setting of OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX will only define wich Oracle user will
>be implicitly connected when "connect /" is issued. For example:

>OS user OS_ATHENT_PREFIX Oracle user
> SFA "" SFA
> SFA "OPS$" OPS$SFA

>I hope this helps
>Fernando Nantes. (nantes_at_amix.com.br)

I too have problems with this parameter. I have a db user named 'CHA'. It's the same as one of the Unix login names except in unix it's in lower case. If I set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX="" in my init.ora file, stop and restart the database, I still can't use sqlplus / to log that user in. I get "ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied". Is there something else I neeed to set?

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!