Re: dba_tables does not show num_rows

From: stauffer <stauffer_at_cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1996/02/13

The table, dba_tables/user_tables/all_tables does not show values in the num_rows field because there is not an internal mechanism to automatically populate this table. To populate this field, you need to do this for every table:

analyze table table_name compute/estimate statistics;

That will populate that field and several others that contain statistical information about tables. Note, though, that these statistics are not automatically kept up to date.

Glenn Stauffer
DBA
Swarthmore College

--