Re: HELP! CREATING DATABASE

From: Torfrid Leek <torfridl_at_ulrik.uio.no>
Date: 1996/02/13

We had the same problem some months ago, we would delete all files belonging to the failed database, everything, and were still unable to create a new one with the same name. We tried about 20 times before calling Oracle Support. They found out there were some shared memory structures which were not being cleared. Booting the machine solved the problem. There was supposed to be a more elegant solution, which I've forgotten... This was AIX, but might apply to your situation.
Good luck, regards, Torfrid

torfrid.leek_at_usit.uio.no Received on Tue Feb 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message