Re: Winsock blocking hook problems.

From: SETO Koichiro <seto_at_rop2.hitachi-cable.co.jp>
Date: 1996/02/13

In article <4fgmm9$h59_at_kane.ico.net>, db_at_stardust.com says...

>>I have tried a blocking hook function in my windows 95 program, it
>>worked as I expected except that the blocked call never finished, are
>>you able to send me an example of your blocking hook function as I

>never, Never, NEVER use a blocking hook in a win32 app. It's totally
>unnecessary, since win32 is preemptively scheduled.

Why not?
Do you mean that we should not use blocking hook in a pre-emptive OS like Win95?
If the OS is pre-emptive, I thought blocking will not be a problem because the task is scheduled non-blockingly by the OS anyway. Tell me where my understanding is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Seto
seto_at_rop2.hitachi-cable.co.jp Received on Tue Feb 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message