Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_ppp-mew.corp.sgi.com>
Date: 1996/02/12

In article <4fmrj3$nsd_at_news.accent.net>, Dylan Ritter <nina_at_infobahnos.com> writes:
> What would you consider "real high credentials".
>
> This realy concerns me, as I will be looking for a programming job soon,
> with only a limited degree ( well under University level ).

As a recruiter, or when I was one, "real high credentials" meant to me:

   o effective communication skills - what good is it if you are

     really smart but can't communicate your intelligence/ideas to
     others?

   o desire to learn (hard to ascertain)/self motivated - tell me
     about items in your resume.  What did you do above and beyond?
     Why did you decide one way over another?

   o trouble-shooting skills

   o able to work in a group

Essentially, I'm looking for someone who I would be happy on my team... these are the salient pieces...

Pablo Sanchez              | Ph # (415) 933.3812        Fax # (415) 933.2821
pablo_at_sgi.com              | Pg # (800) 930.5635  -or-  pablo_p_at_corp.sgi.com
"I am accountable for my actions." http://reality.sgi.com/employees/pablo_corp Received on Mon Feb 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message