Re: execute C program and pass parameters from PL/SQL

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 1996/02/12

In article <4fobqv$6da_at_slip.net>, rkhurana_at_slip.net (Rajeev Khurana) wrote:
> I need to write a trigger "WHEN-BUTTON_PRESSED" which will
 execute a
>'C' program written by me. This 'C' program also expects some
>parameters. I want to obtain these parameters from the 'FORMS'
 and
>pass it to 'C' program when "WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED" trigger is
executed.

you need to look up "user exits"; you didn't say it, but you are talking about pl/sql triggers in either sql*forms or developer/2000. your botton trigger can call a user-exit which is written in C and can do anything it wishes. it can receive parameters.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.