Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: <tlucido_at_neosoft.com>
Date: 1996/02/11

> jhobbs_at_cs.uoregon.edu (Jeffrey Hobbs) writes:
> In article <4fecgc$ar9_at_engr.orst.edu>,
> The Water Walker <wilsonch_at_newt.CS.ORST.EDU> wrote:
> >In article <4fe3ov$pc0_at_qualcomm.com>, <nabbasi_at_qualcomm.com> wrote:
> >>And why would you not want to have a college degree is the question

> : since I was unable to do these physics classes. So you see, just because you
> : are good at something, and enjoy it, doesn't mean that you can get a degree
> : in it.
>
> I hate to get in on an argument (sorry, debate) like this, but...
>
> Isn't that what an american college degree is all about? You can't be good
> Programming is not all there is to CS. CS is not all there is to a
> university CS degree. Degrees _are_ earned, after all. 'Nuff said.
> --
> Jeffrey Hobbs Office: 541/346-3998
> Univ of Oregon CIS GRF email: jhobbs_at_cs.uoregon.edu

Examples include the client/server arena. Some think that it took the PC to create this application area, and have no clue as to OLTP systems that continue to exist. Others have no idea about the possibilities outside of PC and UNIX computers. Finally, few know how to determine what a useful project is, and find themselves coding for its own sake.

It comes down to perspective. That's why the "extra" courses. Received on Sun Feb 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message