Re: newbie question on procedures

From: <richu_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/02/09

>Here is what happens when I try to execute the source file:
>SQL> _at_testproc
>Procedure dropped.
>Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.
>Here is what happens when I try to execute the procedure:
>SQL> exec testproc
>begin testproc; end; *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>PLS-00905: object TESTPROC is invalid
>ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>PLS-00313: 'TESTPROC' not declared in this scope
>ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Well when you have compliation errors, you can be sure your proc aint gonna do...try SHOW ERR to let yourself know whats up

I dunno what you got in your proc body..but its got problems..the errors you showed are associated w/ the fact that your proc TESTPROC having errors, is invalid

RIc Received on Fri Feb 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message