Re: can't refresh snapshot

From: Donna Kray <kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com>
Date: 1996/02/09

rjh_at_qdot.qld.gov.au (Robert Howlett) wrote:
>In article <4e65h4$a5t_at_sam.inforamp.net>,
> chicnorm_at_norm.inforamp.net (Norm LeBlanc) wrote:
>>I am running Oracle 7.0 with the procedural and distributed options. I can
>>create snapshots and refresh them manually but cannot do this automatically.
>>I cannot find any documentation for the initora setting mentioned below.
>>The database is running on a SCO unix platform and there is a program
>>called 'refsnap' but again there is no documentation for it.
>
>The init.ora parameters that need to be set for automatic snapshot refresh
>are:
>
>job_queue_proccesses
>job_queue_interval
>job_queue_keep_connections
>

>| Robert Howlett | Phone: +61-7-3834-5138 |
>| Queensland Department of Transport | Fax: +61-7-3834-2854 |
>| Spring Hill, QLD 4001, Australia | EMail: rjh_at_qdot.qld.gov.au |

Look at parameters

SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_PROCESSES
SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_INTERVAL
SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_KEEP_CONNECTIONS

Some info from Oracle says that these were added after 7.0.12 & not documented formally until 7.1. They say there is a README file (but not where) that has info about these parameters. I have not looked for it.

DL Kray Received on Fri Feb 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message