Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: john b <jointprd_at_crl.com>
Date: 1996/02/09

MPower 'your future today' -- Mark Otero wrote:

> Brian Stoler <brian_at_feith.com> wrote:
>
> >Bill Wendling wrote:
> >>
> >> Alberto Maurizio Chavan inexplicably wrote:
> >>
> >> } Education:
> >> } University degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
> >>
> >> I always love it when people ask for such and such degree in CS. Didn't
> >> one of the people who started up Apple not have a degree in CS until
> >> long after the company get started? :) And look at The Gates!

The perception of most corporations is that with a college degree you have proven yourself to be better than the guy who does not have the degree (acidity test). This is just as applicable for the guy with the MBA and vs. the guy with just a college degree. Unfortunately the people who are hiring are the ones you have to convince that their perception is wrong.

It's just a reality, and it probably isn't going to change any time soon.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I bet 90-95% of Microsoft's white collar employees are college grads.

"Life's a bitch and then you die."

JB Received on Fri Feb 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message