Re: Connection problems

From: Tom Hillson <tlhillson_at_tasc.com>
Date: 1996/02/07

fubini_at_private.nethead.co.uk (Alejandro Fubini) wrote:

>One of my colleagues is having a problem,

>We are running oracle Developer/2000 and Designer/2000 tools via
>TCP/IP on an Ethernet LAN. We've installed Compuserve software on a
>PC and now when we try to connect to the Oracle Database, the PC
>decides to dial the Compuserve number instead. We are running the
>oracle tools under Windows 95 and using Winsock.dll.

>Any help would be appreciated.

One thing you might want to check is to make sure that Compuserve's winsock.dll isn't being accessed instead of the dll for windows95. Since CompuServe comes with a Web browser now I think it installs a winsock.dll. Just a thought...

Tom
===
Thomas L. Hillson tlhillson_at_tasc.com TASC Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message